ICC 2022: Registration Information
- Presenter registration deadline: November 30, 2021
- Registration scholarship application deadline (for K-12 teachers and graduate students): December 13, 2021
- Registration closes: January 26, 2022
Even though this is a virtual conference, there are costs associated with it. Our fee system was selected considering two important points:
- We want everyone to be able to participate!
- The fees are adapted to the country in which your institution is based, and to the current moment in your professional/academic career. (However, note that eligibility for discounted rates is verified.)
- Regular registration: $100
- LIC/MIC registration: $50
- Student/retiree registration: $50
- Workshops: $40 for one; $70 for two; $90 for three
Regular conference registration includes access to all recorded and live events on January 28 and 29: plenary presentations, papers, symposia, roundtable sessions, and networking experiences. Presentation details are on the ICC 2022 presentation list page. It includes access to the conference app (available for desktop, iOS and Android), which will have scheduling, networking, and in-app messaging features, as well as access to presentation materials uploaded by the presenters. The conference registration fee does not include access to pre- and post-conference workshops, for which attendees must register separately.
LIC/MIC registration provides the same access as regular registration. It is available to participants from research/academic institutions, public sector institutions, and NGOs that are based in lower income, lower middle income, and upper middle income countries defined as such by the World Bank. The regular registration rate applies to private sector and for-profit institutions in LIC/MIC countries, to participants based in LIC/MIC countries from institutions based or headquartered in a high-income country, and to participants from LIC/MIC countries who are living and working in a high-income country.
Student/retiree registration provides the same access as regular registration, and is available to currently enrolled fulltime students and retirees. Proof of current student/retirement status is required at registration.
Workshop registration fees include the cost of instruction, workshop materials supplied by the presenters, and a certificate of completion. Participants may register for up to three of these three-hour live events. They have capped enrollment, so that participants can fully benefit from the interactive experience. Thursday workshops will close on January 26 and the Sunday workshop will close on January 28 (or when filled), so it is best to register early to guarantee a place. Participants do not need to register for the conference if they only plan to attend workshop(s).
Full workshop details including abstracts and presenter bios are on the workshops page.
- resented by Juan Antonio Godoy Peñas and Claudia Quevedo-Webb. (See what time that is where you are, here.)
- Jan 27, 2-5pm Cultural Translation Across Virtual Boundaries as Intercultural Encounter, presented by Meike Wernicke and Carl Ruest. (See what time that is where you are, here.)
- resented by Joseph Shaules. (See what time that is where you are, here.)
- resented by Diana Palenzuela-Rodrigo and Verónica Moraga. (See what time that is where you are, here.)
K12 Teacher/Graduate student scholarships: a limited number of conference registration scholarships are available for fulltime K-12 teachers and graduate students. Individuals who have filed their dissertation within the last year and do not currently hold a fulltime job may also apply. For information about eligibility and how to apply, click here. All applications must be received by the extended deadline of December 13.
Ready to register? Click on the button to access the registration platform:
Refund Policy: For registration cancellations received by January 7, 2022, refunds will be given to the card with which registration payment was received, minus a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be offered after this date. Please notify us by email (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to cancel your registration.
The University of Arizona reserves the right to cancel the conference if necessary; in the unlikely event that cancellation happens, registrants will receive a full refund of their conference fees.